Organizations should always respect human rights, human effort and human experience. To enable a sustainable and prosperous civilization and world, we need a strong value system.
*Ideas and texts were inspired from https://ind.ie/ethical-design/. We added our own twist to it.*
Respect Human Rights
- Sustainability: It is important for a very simple reason: we cannot maintain our quality of life as human beings, the diversity of life on our planet, or Earth's ecosystems unless we embrace and protect its balance.
- Equality: Everyone should have a right to learn, dream, partake and succeed. Equal access also means affordability, not ownership by big greedy companies.
- Decentralization: To better distribute power, value and opportunities, we need more decentralization. Technologies and solutions should be available everywhere to improve equality and sustainability.
- Openness & Interoperability: Allows technologies to work together in an open way, without limitation, and therefore expands the possibilities for innovation and sharing.
- Accessibility: Whatever the location or situation, people should benefit from easy and fast access to information and solutions.
- Security & Privacy: Protect people from being put in situations of danger or exploitation. People should be empowered to be independent and they should be the sole owners of their experiences.
Respect Human Effort
- Reliability: Make sure technologies are reliable and last longer.
- Simplicity: We need to keep things simple: no unnecessary complexity - less is more.
- Transparency: Let people and companies work together in a 100% transparent way.
- Collaboration: It's all about the greater picture. We are stronger together and have to help each other in reaching our common visions.
Respect Human Experience
- Ergonomy: Products and solutions should empower productivity, safety and comfort, while reducing human error.
- Inclusiveness: Design should always be global and inclusive. We are all equal.
- Design: Products should be visually appealing and should achieve it's purpose.
- Transparency: Organisational records and strategies should be accessible to everyone.
Photo by Renee Fisher on Unsplash.