We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our Engineering department as a Quality Engineer. You will be primarily responsible for checking and managing the quality standards of the development process. You will also be responsible for maintaining the quality control systems and ensuring that all processes adhere to production quality standards.
As a Quality Engineer, you should be able to prepare and implement the quality control guidelines. Besides, you should also be able to identify any problems in the production process and suggest improvements. You should be able to prepare detailed and accurate reports on the development findings.
To excel in this job role, you will have a complete onboarding on our quality processes, tools, and code. Ideally, you should hold a valid QA certification and have relevant experience in the Engineering department. Furthermore, you should display strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Your ability to handle stressful situations will be advantageous.
Values & Passion
- Understand what it means to work in a growing agile project and ecosystem.
- Resonate with our values & collaboration manifesto (2017).
- Be passionate and willing to bring a positive change to our world.
- Understand it won’t be a 9-5 job. We are changing the world, it takes courage and perseverance.
- Be willing to travel and to other locations to work directly with our global team.
The ThreeFold Grid will eventually have millions of nodes, and it’s very important to develop an extensive QA program. Our components are low-level and require highly technical people to overlook the push from testnet to production. We are looking for a QA Engineer who will take ownership of the overall testing of both the low-level technology components of the ThreeFold Grid primitives and applications built on top of it.
Your main responsibility will be to test the code behind the ThreeFold Grid and making sure that it adheres to the highest possible quality through testing scenarios, test cases, and executing upon findings. Also building a new Internet involves educating the world on how it works, so documentation will be a crucial part of your process too.
- Test our latest technologies end-to-end.
- Test in an agile project setup.
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Work in our international team.
- Be an ambassador of our ethos, why we do what we do, and why we will make it happen.
What you will be overlooking:
- A peer-to-peer operating system
- A peer-to-peer virtual system administrator
- Blockchain technology
- Smart Contract for IT
- Able to question the status quo
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Smart & agile
- Fast learner
- Able to think conceptually about data models, IT architecture, and business requirements
- Fluent with GitHub and agile processes
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Technically skilled to understand how a cloud should work from a user perspective
- Fluent in English
- Good communicator
- Understand and follow Pareto 20/80 rule
- Be a good teacher
- Flexible out-of-the-box thinker
- Understand what it means to be a team lead
- Be at least level ‘wolf’ in the skill levels we use
What we offer
- A desk in our Belgian office
- A competitive wage
- Flexible hours
- Great team spirit
- Yearly team trips abroad