Taiga (Project Management)
Our world is moving towards remote working, and with that comes many challenges – one of them being project management of remote teams. Therefore, it was super important to us to present this type of a solution in our marketplace.
Open Source Solution: Taiga
- Taiga is a tool that allows you to run projects following the Agile principles (if you're not familiar with Agile, see below).
- It presents various well known implementations of the Agile principles and allows you to manage any project in an Agile manner.
- Taiga is an open source project and has a commercial Software as a Service version for people that don't want to have the hassle of installing and maintaining it themselves.
- At ThreeFold we love the agility and functionality the Taiga project management software provides us with and are using it for a number of different projects we run internally.
- These projects range from customer-facing and partnership acquisition to ThreeFold Tech product and software development.
- See the Taiga system working here.
- We love the Taiga project and encourage you to help Taiga by paying for a commercial license (https://taiga.io/pricing).
- We at ThreeFold are planning to ask Taiga to be able to pay for license fees using TFT as part of the deployment wizard.
Want to learn more about Agile?
A new methodology has been developed to do exactly the same as traditional waterfall project management but allows for changes to happen in the process. Pioneered by the software industry but adopted by many other industries today is the Agile development methodology to organize and run projects. Agile promotes agility in running a project and lives by the following principles:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working solutions over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan